Nebo School District has had a number of questions about quarantine requirements and notifications. In summary:
- Schools are notified of positive COVID cases by the health department.
- Contact tracing protocol says that any students who were within six feet of an infected individual for longer than fifteen minutes will be quarantined as a preventative measure.
- Parents of quarantined students will be notified.
- Quarantined and ill students will be provided at-home learning from their regular At-School teachers.
- The identity of these students is confidential.
- If you are not contacted then your student has not been identified as being at risk.
If your child has COVID-like symptoms, please keep them home. Having symptomatic individuals stay home will significantly reduce our need to have students quarantined or classrooms or schools closed down.
A more detailed quarantine protocol document from the Board of Health has been posted to www.nebo.edu/coronavirus. Please check there for the latest information on COVID related issues.